Tuesday 20 September 2011

Teenagers

Intro
The research found that fewer than one in 10 articles about young people actually included their perspectives in the debate
I chose teenagers because i think that the media makes a lot of stereotypes about them, for example they represent teenagers as violent people/ Drug dealers/ Thieves etc... I think they are wrong because not all teenagers are the same and they want people to get scared of teenagers and hate them.




Section 1- T.V:
The Inbetweeners. Mark Donovan (Henry Lloyd-Hughes). Image credit: Bwark Productions.


My first example is from the T.V show Inbetweeners, the person I'm going to write about is Mark Donovon.

He is very violent and he bullies people in his school, especially new people that are smart and ugly.

He deals drugs, he is also very violent, he threatens people that he is going to kill them or beat them up.



Section 2- Film:

This is another example of stereotypes that define violent and drug dealing teenagers.

In the film he is shown as a boy that drug deals to get money and he pretends he is violent but in the end of the movie because he gets into a fight.



Section 3- News:


The Article I chose is from the Link:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/behind-the-stereotypes-the-shocking-truth-about-
teenagers-421295.html

Its a very negative stereo type about teenagers, I think this is not true because not every teenager is the same, just like adults everyone have different views about them, but that doesn't mean they are true.

This is just a way to scare people and making them think that teenagers are very violent but the truth is everyone has their own personalities, everyone chooses who they want to be.

"Watch out! - I am from the evil and hated generation. Believe it or not, not every single teenager around my age goes around beating up people and smashing up cars. Can you seriously claim that today's youth are that much worse than the mods and rockers of the former generation? My generation never gets a positive thing said about them - GCSEs for example - we do better than the past generation and the courses must be getting easier - obviously. Is it really any wonder then certain youths rebel?"
Section 3- Conclusion:

I think that the media just makes stereotypes about teenagers that describes teenagers in a bad way, I don't like this because I don't want to be walking somewhere and seeing people thinking bad things about me when I'm not what they think I am.

2 comments:

  1. Very good well done. You show a good understanding of stereotypes. next time try and find other specific parts of the characters to analyse as well such as what their costumes suggest about them etc.

    REPRESENTATION = C

    ReplyDelete